Prague Easter 2018
30. 3. - 1. 4. 2018
Oddil OB Kotlarka
Competition centre (CC)
Nedamov and Jestrebi, club tents recommended.
How to get there?
Stage 1 (S1): From the road No. 9 Melnik – Ceska Lipa in the town Duba to the right take the road No. 259 in direction Mseno and after 500 m to the left in direction Nedamov to the autocamp by pond. GPS: 50°32'12.24"N, 14°33'22.081"E
Stage 2 and 3 (S2, S3): From road No. 9 Melnik – Ceska Lipa 3 km after village Jestrebi take narrow road to the left (direction Svaby) and after 200 m again to the left onto meadow. GPS: 50°37'2.403"N, 14°32'35.334"E
S1: More areas. Camping Nedamov and parking place close to the camping. After filling up in the area of former transport company in Dubá (50°32'19.1"N, 14°32'5.4"E) - approximately 1500m from camping. Parking fee will be 30 CZK. Please follow organizers‘ instructions.
S2 and S3: Private meadow. Please follow organizers‘ instructions.
Location: Stary Bernstejn map near Vrchovany village
Parking: 50°33'17.47"N, 14°35'19.12"E or 50°33'16.68"N, 14°35'33.18"E (different from the Bulletin 1!)
Type of training: free order, flags in the forest from Thursday 2 pm to Sunday noon
Price per map: 50 Kč / 2 EUR
Sandstone area. Rugged terrain with deep as well as shallow valleys, rocky ridges, rock and boulder formations, nice pine and mixed forest (generally good runnability).
ZAHAJI, 1:10 000, for classes DH20, DH21EAB, H35A, H40A, B5, T6
SVATA BARBORA, 1 : 7500, for other classes
both E = 5m, size A4, autumn 2016, T. Novak, revision february 2018
PAVLOVICKY DUL 1 : 10 000, size A3, for classes H16, DH18, DH20, DH21EAB, DH35AB, DH40A, H40B, H45AB, H50A, H55, H60, B5, T6
PANSKY HAJ 1 : 7 500, size A4, for other classes
both E = 5m, R. Horky, R. Ondracek 2011, revision + new areas autumn 2017
DLOUHY DUL 1 : 10 000, size A3, for classes H16, H18, DH20, DH21EAB, DH35A, H35B, H40AB, H45A, H50A, H55, T6
DLOUHY HREBEN 1 : 7 500, size A4, for other classes
both E = 5m, R. Horky, R. Ondracek 2011, revision + new areas autumn 2017
The maps are waterproof for all days.
- Purple vertical hatched areas (map sign 709) are forbidden to cross for reasons of nature protection (nature reserve, young trees). They may not be marked in terrain.
- Crossing diagonal purple lines (map sign 710) are used for poorly passable areas with fallen trees after storm (S2, S3) and also for firing range (S1).
- It is forbidden to enter settlement (map sign 527).
- It is forbidden to enter orchards (S2, S3, map sign 412) - concerns longer classes. In the area, however, there is one orchard with currently reconstructed fence (map sing 523). This orchard can be crossed using paths marked in the map, or it is possible to run along its edge. In some sections of the reconstructed fence, there is left barbed wire in different height, so we recommend strongly that you cross this fence only through passages marked in the map (map sign 708). In the terrain, the barbed wire near these passages will be marked.
- There is also one orchard in the area, bounded by high fence (map sign 524), through which there is marked a path in the map, with fence holes marked with map sign 708. This path can be used, the path will be marked for better orientation with ribbons. Entries (holes in the fence) will be marked in the terrain.
- Some classes use different map scales during different stages. You can find summary above and also in the list of length and climbing of the courses.
- Some classes have during different stages multiple crossings of the course. Pay careful attention to control order reading.
- We strongly ask the competitors not to enter clearings with really young trees.
- During S1 some courses cross occasionally used road. Competitors have to follow organizers‘ instructions. Crossing this road on other places than these marked (map sign 708) is forbidden.
- In the area of S1 there is a large number of new root stocks after recent storm and paths from forestry, which are not marked in the map.
Start numbers (bibs) for all competitors on registration, it is obligatory to use them during the whole event. T3, T6 and P competitors don’t use start numbers (bibs).
Every runner is obliged to put his actual starting time for S3 on his start number (bib) according to the start list – use the marker on ethanol basis, available in the CC and at the start. The first 5 leading runners after two days in classes B3, B5, DH10L, DH10, DH12, DH14, DH16, DH18, DH20, DH21E, DH35A, DH40A, DH45A, D50, H50A, DH55, DH60, DH65, DH70, H75 and H80 will get their special start number (bib) at the start of S3. These runners have to wear both numbers (bibs).
- S1: 00=12:00, distance 1300m, climbing 50m, blue and white ribbons.
- S2: 00=10:00, distance 2000m, climbing 40m, blue and white ribbons.
- S3: 00=10:00, distance 1700m, climbing 35m, blue and white ribbons.
Classes T, P and HDR start any time from a separate corridor, until start time of the last competitor of the stage (S1 180, S2 230, S3 150). They punch a special SI unit just before start.
Start times for S3
|0||D10, D40A, H21A, H65|
|10||D20, D55, H35A, H80|
|20||D21E, H10L, H75, B5|
|30||D35B, D45B, H12, H50B|
|40||D18, H16, H21B|
|50||D35A, D70, H45B, H50A|
|60||D21A, H10, H21E, H70|
|80||D10L, D45A, H14, H35B|
|90||D60, H20, H55, B3|
|100||D12, D40B, H40B, H45A|
|110||D16, D50, H18|
|120||D21B, D65, H60|
The chasing start lasts for 30 minutes in each class. Competitors with a loss of more than 30 minutes comparing to the leader will start afterwards in regular intervals. Classes P, T3, T6 and HDR don’t have the chasing start.
Entry in the start corridor of S3 is 6 minutes before the start!
Start list of S3 will be on internet (http://www.obkotlarka.cz/pe) on Saturday evening and posted up on Sunday morning in the CC and gym.
Sportident is used during the whole event. It is possible to use all types of SI cards, even SI10 and SI11. SIAC cards can be used, however marking it the classical way.
Every competitor in the start corridor will do as follows:
- 1. clear the Sportident card
- 2. check the clearing of the SI card
S1: 800 m. The way is different from way to start. SI reading control in the CC.
S2, S3: in the CC.
Every competitor in the finish area will do following:
- 1st&2nd day: Finish the race by marking the SI card at the finish line.
- 3rd day: Competitors will mark their card just a few meters behind the finish line. The final result will be set by the sequence of competitors at the finish line.
For those who will not start in the chasing start (e.g. their loss is more than 30 minutes or they are in a class without a chasing start) the finish control a few meters behind the finish line represents the true finish.
Competitors with SI cards provided by organizer return them after finishing their last course at the SI reading control. All runners, even those who did not finish the stage, are obliged to read-out their SI card.
Control description cards of each class will be available in the CC, not at the start. Neither will it be printed on the maps!
- S1: shortened classic distance
- S2 and S3: classic distance
- S1: 90 minutes
- S2 and S3: 160 minutes
Available for longer classes during the course of S2 and S3. Water available before start of S2 and S3, water and juice available in the finish of all stages.
Buffet in the CC.
Mobile toilets, only in the CC!
Washrooms in the CC of S1 (showers available using chip for 20 CZK).
A tank with water and wash-bowls in the CC of S2 and S3. Water from the tank is potable!!
Kindergarten (crèche) available in the CC of all three days.
All protests present to the main referee along with 200 CZK deposit.
Gregorova Kamila, Horacek Michal, Nykodym Milos
Will be continuously posted up in the CC.
A prize giving ceremony will be held in the CC of S3 after the race (approximately 13:30): awards for all participants of DH10L, HDR and DH10 classes, for the first 6 competitors in DH21E classes, for the winners of B subclasses and for the first 3 in other classes. No awards in P, T3 and T6 classes.
- Event director: Zdenko Prochazka,
- Main referee: S1: Martina Bochenkova, S2: Martin Janata, S3: Ondrej Pospisil,
- Courses: S1: Kristyna Kovarova, S2: Antonin Semerad, S3: Jiri Ramba,
- Registration: Sarka Svobodna
- Start: Ondrej Pospisil, Martin Janata
- Finish: Miroslav Betlach
- IT centre: Jiri Dlouhy